Position: Lead Plant Operator – Engineering and Maintenance
Summary of position:
This position entails managing the day to day mechanical operations for the mall and managing the maintenance personnel, all while being able to assist the Operations Manager
- Central Plant operator and troubleshooting equipment
- Pm.’s on all mechanical including, but not limited to Air Handler Units, Cooling Towers, Chillers, RTU’s, chemical setup for cooling towers, SCU cabinets, DPU cabinets
- Plumbing, Electric and HVAC experience preferred
- Understanding of Fire and Sprinkler systems
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Other assignments will include, but are not limited to: Paper supplies, auto repair, snow removal and sidewalks including salt, Christmas and Easter setup, trash removal, install inside and outside signage, review lot condition, general maintenance to building and auto, Ability to operate high lifts, golf carts, bob cats and trucks, review parking lot and mall condition, general understanding of lift stations, grease tanks, and sewers, reading water and electrical meters, set timers on lighting, set up Marketing and push carts, call in elevator & escalator repairs, ability to reset equipment, general understanding of beam detectors, smoke detectors, ability to get oil readings on chillers, ability to change breakers, ability to adjust thermostat, general understanding of vav boxes, etc.
- Assists in making recommendations and implements measures to reduce or eliminate fire, safety and environmental hazards
- Cleans up work area upon completion of job or before the of each shift
- Performs weekly audits of restrooms, parking lot and sidewalks for operational hazards
- Performs touch up painting of walls, pipes and equipment
- Performs monthly audits of fire extinguishers.
- Performs all preventative maintenance within the scheduled month
- Assists in planning and directing preventative maintenance in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, automotive and pneumatic testing.
- Assists with snow removal and salt application so as to ensure clear walkways and parking areas during the operating hours of the mall
- Inspects all projects to ensure work performed meets company standards
- Pursues continual education through formal instruction and independent study
- Perform after work hours if needed with the on call schedule
- Perform any special projects directed by the Operations, Construction or Mall General Manager
- Physical strength and ability sufficient to perform routine or heavy manual tasks depending on the area of assignment.
- Ability to acquire some skill in the use of standard equipment and hand tools relative to the area of assignment.
- Ability to learn repetitive tasks quickly
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Self-starter and the ability to work alone
- At least 18 years old
- Basic mechanical, plumbing and electrical knowledge and experience.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Equipment Specific Programs, etc.)
- Read, write and communicate English at acceptable level
- Valid driver’s license
- Available and willing to work a flexible schedule
- Acceptable background check and drug testing
- Standing up to 8 hours a day
- Walking up to 8 hours a day
- Lifting heavy objects unassisted
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.