Position: Property Accountant – Accounting
Summary of position:
An established retail shopping center is seeking a Property Account to perform routine accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger, preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports and accounts payable or receivable functions.
- Prepare and distribute monthly and yearly financial reports-prepare monthly journal entries, financial statement preparation and bank reconciliations, prepare majority of monthly management reports.
- Oversee accounts receivable process-monitor cash receipts, review and bill tenant recurring charges and billing adjustments and perform tenant ledger reconciliations.
- Prepare tenant account analysis and reconciliations, when requested by tenant.
- Coordinate accounts payable process-review invoice coding and approvals, and ensure proper audit trail is in place.
- Maintain sales information-monitor collection of sales and review reports.
- Enter leases into Yardi as wells monitor leasing activity to ensure accurate billings.
- Review leases, abstract, and enter leases into accounting software as well as monitor leasing activity to ensure accurate billing.
- Assist with annual budget preparation.
- Prepare year end reconciliations for CAM, RE Tax & Water/Sewer.
- Reconcile gift card account.
- Depreciation administration.
- Oversee new construction accounting.
- Special projects as requested by Vice President and corporate office.
- Back up for Property Accountant Lead.
- Must be well organized.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Must have excellent communication (written and verbal).
- Must be able to comfortably work with people at all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Must have a good work ethic.
- Must have an Associate Degree in Accounting or at least 2 years’ experience in Retail Accounting
- Excellent knowledge in excel
- Experience with the Yardi accounting system is a plus
- Data entry
- Prepare spreadsheets
- Review and Research
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.